Skin Rejuvenation From Top to Bottom
SUMMARY: At we specialize in helping you not only see your best, but also look your best. That’s why we offer the latest in eye care and other technologies to help you feel confident. Radiofrequency treatment with BTL EXILIS Elite is just one of the many ways we can help!
If you’re looking for a proven next-gen way to tighten up the skin around your face, eyes and the rest of your body, look no farther than the BTL EXILIS Elite!
The EXILIS Elite is a device that uses monopolar radiofrequency (RF) to treat skin conditions like loose skin, wrinkles and excess fat. By harnessing the power of radiofrequency to warm up underlying skin tissue, EXILIS Elite encourages tightening of the skin and collagen production. It’s perfect for all body and skin types, and can be applied anywhere on the body, head to toe.
How Does EXILIS Elite Work?
Drooping and uneven skin, lines and wrinkles are all part of the natural aging process, which leads to a loss of collagen under the skin. Without treatment, the production of new collagen would take months, leaving your skin looking tired and older.
The EXILIS Elite speeds up the process of new collagen production by using radiofrequency technology to disrupt old collagen fibers. This triggers your skin to begin producing new collagen much sooner than it ordinarily would. New collagen helps rejuvenate the skin around your eyes and other parts of your body, tightening up wrinkles and giving you a more youthful look in the treated areas.
How is EXILIS Elite Different?
The EXILIS Elite is the only device of its kind that not only uses radiofrequency, but also harnesses the power of ultrasound energy to treat targeted areas to firm and tighten skin and reduce wrinkles.
The device offers benefits not seen in many other types of treatments and procedures to firm skin and reduce wrinkles:
Comfort – Many skin tightening treatments can result in a certain amount of discomfort or lingering soreness. With EXILIS Elite, patients report a pain-free experience similar to a hot stone massage.
Versatility – This device offers a wider range of treatment areas than similar alternatives. Areas of the body that previously could not be tightened without surgery can now be treated with this affordable, non-invasive procedure.
Convenience – Most treatment regimens only take 2 to 4 treatments, and each treatment can be scheduled a week apart. Treatments aren’t time-consuming: they take no more than half an hour, and sometimes as little as 4 minutes.
How Should I Prepare For My Visit?
- Watch what you eat and drink. You should avoid eating a heavy meal and fatty foods an hour before treatment, and you shouldn’t drink caffeine within 2 hours. You should also avoid alcohol completely for at least 24 hours before your treatment.
- Avoid anything that might irritate your skin. If your skin is red, irritated or broken, we can’t treat it until it has completely healed. You should not have any kind of laser treatments on the area within 2 weeks of your scheduled treatment and should be very careful to prevent too much sun exposure and sunburn during the same time period.
- Speak to us about your medical history. Let us know if you’re taking any blood thinners or skin thinners, as this may affect the way we conduct the treatment. You should also inform us if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you have any metal implants in the treatment area, as these may make it unsafe for you to have the treatment.
What Should I Expect During My RF Treatment With EXILIS Elite?
During the treatment, your doctor will allow you to lie down and relax while they use the handheld RF device to treat the areas around your eyes or any other treatment areas you’d like to target.
You may feel a mild heating sensation as the RF waves target deeper skin tissue. The device also has a cooling mechanism built-in, to ensure that the warming sensation remains at a comfortable level. A gel may also be used to help reduce the heating sensation and help the device move more smoothly over your skin.
What Should I Expect After My EXILIS Elite Treatment?
After treatment, it’s normal for the treated area to feel warm and tingly. It may also appear red and flushed. Drink plenty of water in the following days to rehydrate your skin, and follow your doctor’s instructions after the treatment:
- Avoid taking hot baths and showers, or entering steam rooms for at least 24 hours
- Wait 2-3 days after treatment before exfoliating your skin
- Wait 3-5 days before waxing the area that was treated
- Apply SPF 30 sunscreen every day and avoid excessive sun exposure and sunburn for at least 2 weeks
How Many Treatments Do I Need and When Will I See Results?
Most patients will come into our practice 2 to 4 times for treatments. These treatments are scheduled anywhere from 7 to 10 days apart, and usually take between 4 and 30 minutes each, depending on the area of your body targeted.
One treatment is often enough to begin seeing initial results, with further results building and continuing over the next few months.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There is no downtime associated with Exilis Elite. You should be able to pick up where you left off with all your usual activities immediately. You may experience some temporary numbness, redness, irritation or swelling. Though rare, allergic reactions or nausea can sometimes occur.
If you have tried various treatments and still struggle with unpleasant dry eye symptoms, we can help. Contact Pupila Family Eye & Ear Care today.Our practice serves patients from Houston, Bunkerhill Village, Bellaire, and Sugarland, Texas and surrounding communities.