PRE NON ABLATIVE SKIN THERAPY INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all – including self-tanner) for 2 to 3 weeks before and after treatments.
- Do not use any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be treated for one week. Avoid Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior. Let your doctor know if you have a history of hyperpigmentation.
- You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
- Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and minocycline should be discontinued three days prior to the treatment.
- Anticipate a social “down-time” of 3-5 days before any redness, swelling has subsided.
The sunburned feeling and swelling usually lasts 1-3 hours. Applying ice will give relief and reduce the swelling duration. The redness will last a few days, but can be covered up by applying makeup.
Your skin will be fragile. Use gentle cleansers, do not rub the skin and avoid hot water during this time. Do not use your Clarisonic or a loofah for one week.
Makeup can be applied immediately (if the skin is not broken); we recommend mineral based makeup.
Avoid the sun and use sun block for 4 to 6 weeks. Avoid excessive heat or friction to the treated area (heavy exercise, saunas) for one week. Please contact us as soon as possible if you experience any blistering or increase pain. Contact us if you are concerned about infection. If any pigment changes are bothersome or persist beyond 4 weeks, please contact our office.